Need an Instrument?
Find Beginner Packs
Great Deals available at ICON MUSIC
What to Consider When Selecting an Instrument
Ultimately, the instrument you or your child choose should depend on a number of factors.
Here's a list of questions to consider before bringing home a new music prodigy:
- Are you or your child excited about a particular instrument? Do they like the way it sounds or feels?
- Is the instrument too challenging or is it not challenging enough (for both you and your child)?
- Does your child's temperament match the instrument?
- Can you afford the instrument and the maintenance that comes with it?
- As a parent, do you like the sound enough to listen to you or your child practice it for hours at home?
- Is you or your child specifically interested in a particular music style? If so, factor that into your instrument choice, as some specifically cater to certain styles. For instance, a violin player will have a hard time fitting in a jazz ensemble.
Experts don't always agree on which instruments are best for big kids to learn, but many music teachers do agree that it's hard to go wrong with the piano, percussion (like the drums) or guitar
Learning guitar was and still is an amzing experience the guys at Icon Music School gave me great advice on which instrument to choose and the lessons with Anthony are going great.
I'm loving every session and astouded at how quickly you progress.
I look forward to practice everyday it's just so much damn FUN!!!